The election, not the disaster relief. I received notice today that I will be going home On Nov 26, and back here on Dec 1 until Christmas. "They like me...they really like me" (I'm not sure where that quote is from). Just had a 1/2 hour phone talk with my baby and she understands. The only way i can describe my feelings is that this must be how missionary's feel. The need is so great and you work so hard, but the need keeps coming. It's a tug of war between helping those who need it and the utter scope to the disaster.
We are continuing our battle with the state guy that I talked about yesterday and I think it's going to come to head tomorrow. He unilaterally pulled some of the state agencies out of our DRC. It's not because they aren't needed. Who knows. Pray that the petty crap will stop.
Well, more and more polls re closing and by this time tomorrow we will have a new "leader of the free world" elect. Let's just hope our world stays free.
The weather is changing here tomorrow and we're looking at more 80 -85 degree days and humid. Good weather for cranky people. I'll fit right in.
Blessings.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment