Our DRC had a HUD visitor yesterday from DC. this person was very pompous and insulting. I was told that "they're going to bring in contractors. Because they're more suited to this work than we (HUD employees) are". (A lot more was said too, but you get the point). I thought I kept it together, but the FEMA workers saw through me. I didn't say a thing, just got up and walked away. Thank God for my contacts at the Joint Field office (JFO) and the FEMA workers in our DRC. My scope was dialed in and they talked me off the roof....no shots fired. From what I gather, this person helped to create the process we use to get people into housing. It's kind of sad that they care only that the process works and has lost sight of the people. It could put in jeopardy much of the good work we have done in the communities. These people don't care for the people, just that the process works. Please pray.
On our weekly conference call, I volunteered to help cover other DRCs that have no HUD staff. I regret leaving my home base, but I strongly feel that I should go where the need is the greatest. I should get my orders tomorrow and I'll keep you posted. Also, I'm changing hotels on Sunday. I'm moving out of the city and closer to where the DRCs are. I won't miss the traffic.
Bed calling. Love you all.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment