

They have seating for about 500 at a time in the auditorium, and the cafeteria area was open as the workers were moving back and forth with the food. What a well organized event.
I got there early, so they asked me to oversee the pie table. Well, you know me, I couldn't just hand out pie. I sang, and asked every person that came for pie to sing for it. (If they didn't want to, they still got pie). It was a blast and the dessert area became a karaoke bar of sorts. One guy blew us away with his voice. He sang a Lou Rawls song (You'll never find...another love like mine...) so well that the place stopped and listened, then broke into applause. When my shift was over, it was hard to leave, but I left the stage in the very capable hands of Kelly.
Oh, and they fed me. The workers had an area to eat. After spending the short amount of time there serving, those of us eating felt like family (complete with spilled drinks).
The enormity of what we are doing here hit me the other day. We are giving the applicant more to be thankful for.
Make every day Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment