Thursday, October 30, 2008

Longest Day Yet

Today took forever......I started at 7:00am in downtown Houston. I had to go to the Houston HUD office and pick up a portable (and very cool) printer. We can't use the FEMA printers. Why you might ask? (even if you don't I'm going to tell you anyway) FEMA is the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). DHS doesn't play well with others. There may be spies behind every bush waiting to print. Anyway. Got the printer and got to Bayou Vista. Set it up. And I have now told you the most exicting part of my day. Our more experienced FEMA workers call it the low tide mark. It's the time (usually 1 or 2 days) between when people have registered for help and the decision is made. in the nest few days, applicants will be told that they get help, or don't. either way, it's going to be crazy. I was told that my DRC has 6,500 applicants. Get ready for the surge. (Sorry for the bad choice of words).

I need food. Good night.

No comments: